Effective Pull-Based Manufacturing Strategies
- Do you have too much inventory of some products and not enough of others?
- Are your customers complaining of late deliveries or long lead times?
- Are you constantly juggling “hot jobs?”
- Or perhaps you are being asked to cut costs yet again?
If you’re thinking about introducing Lean pull-based principles in your organization, or if you’ve already implemented pull at one plant but have difficulties implementing it at others, our consulting services can help you plot your road map to operational excellence.
Real World Approach
The Invistics methodology is the result of adapting proven Lean principles to high-mix manufacturing and integrating them with the continuous improvement process of Six Sigma. Backed by more than 25 years of manufacturing operations experience in automotive and complex, asset-intensive environments, our methodology combines lessons learned from real-world implementations at organizations like Alcoa and Siemens and industry-leading Lean best practices.
Award-winning Invistics consultants possess deep expertise in developing Lean and demand-driven pull strategies for a diverse range of industries including automotive, metals, pharmaceuticals, textiles, chemicals and electronics. We have a history of innovation and a proven track record of developing demand-driven pull strategies for high-mix manufacturing environments that work.
Proven Success in High-Mix Environments
A number of clients have seen significant reductions in working capital by 50%-80%, while increasing throughput, productivity and customer service. In one instance, a plant that was originally scheduled for shutdown won an industry award for “Team of the Year” after implementing Lean strategies from Invistics and is still in operation today! Read about our customer case studies here.
Regardless of the stage of adoption, clients can move one step closer to their Lean vision through our portfolio of services.
- Pull Design Workshop. Helps clients develop a pull strategy specific to their plant floor dynamics and supply chain.
- Inventory Assessment. Helps clients define the right inventory levels for their organization.
- Implementation Services. Helps clients develop and execute a sustainable and scalable implementation plan for a pilot that can be extended throughout their organization once the benefits are proven.
Global Reach, Local Delivery
Since our founding in 1999, Invistics has helped more than 100 manufacturing organizations across the globe find the right inventory levels while improving cycle times, throughput and customer service. Partnerships with leading Lean consultancies extend our reach beyond domestic borders.
European clients are served by Germany’s Camelot IDPro. Iris Software provides services to clients in Asia and finally Canada is served by Kaizen Institute Lean Advisors.
Contact us to learn more our pull design workshop, inventory assessment or custom consulting services.