Safety Stock Calculation & Analysis
When you're a high-mix manufacturer with thousands of product types running along shared equipment in a variety of manufacturing environments, it comes to no surprise that safety stock is necessary in order to buffer your inventory and maintain the high service levels your customers expect. But with additional manufacturing complexity comes additional challenges in calculating safety stock or reorder points.
Request a Demo of our Inventory Advisor software suite to learn how we can help you balance the trade-off between your customer service and inventory stock, or download a case study (below) of how Invistics worked a packaging solutions manufacturer, to right size their inventory, free-up working capital by ~50%, and maintain service levels.
Inventory Advisor Features
- Web-based software that reduce stock-outs and cuts working capital by optimizing inventory levels so that you’ll have the right amounts of each of your SKUs.
- Optimizes inventory planning parameters such as re-order points and safety stock levels.
- Accounts for variability in processes and demand. Takes into account seasonality.
- Automated data feeds back directly into MRP/ERP Systems.
- Web-based Software as a Service(Saas) requiring no installation, quick training, and a minimum usage of IT resources.
- Generates side-by-side "What-If" scenarios to support continuous improvement efforts.
Invistics provides consulting services and supporting on-demand software solutions that help high-mix manufacturers achieve the right inventory levels for their supply chain through advanced analytics and actionable insights. Demand-driven Lean solutions improve manufacturing plant profitability by reducing cycle times and costs while increasing throughput and customer satisfaction.
We are passionate about helping manufacturing companies improve their performance.
Take a minute to tell us about yourself