Pull Systems Design and Implementation
You're at the crossroads in your Lean journey and you're ready to convert your scheduling and production from a forecast-driven Push approach to a consumption-driven Pull approach. Perhaps you've already begun to leverage Pull systems for some high-volume product lines but are looking to extend the benefits to some higher-hanging fruit: your high-mix products. Where do you start?
Learn about the five flavors of Pull design commonly used today--Kanban, Part-Generic Kanban, CONWIP, Drum-Buffer-Rope, POLKA--and see which flavor is the best fit for your manufacturing operation. Download our whitepaper: Five Flavors of Pull for High-Mix Manufacturers.
Pull Design Workshop Deliverables
- Develop a flavor of pull, beyond traditional kanban, that addresses a plant’s unique requirements which are driven by the complexity of product mix, the number of SKUs and demand variability.
- Learn about about the pros and cons of E-Kanban, CONWIP, Drum-Buffer-Rope, and other flavors of Pull in relation to the plant.
- Compare different types of Pull signals used to signal replenishment
- Determine the best approach toward determining optimal inventory levels for each raw material, work-in-process and finished goods part/item based on their environment.
- Explore software solutions that support sustainable and scalable pull implementations.
- Build a business case outlining the benefits and costs of implementing the selected pull strategy that can be presented to executive management and among plant associates.
- Design a rapid execution pilot to prove the business case and build organizational confidence for a wider roll-out across the business.
Invistics provides consulting services and supporting on-demand software solutions that help high-mix manufacturers achieve the right inventory levels for their supply chain through advanced analytics and actionable insights. Demand-driven Lean solutions improve manufacturing plant profitability by reducing cycle times and costs while increasing throughput and customer satisfaction.
We are passionate about helping manufacturing companies improve their performance.
Take a minute to tell us about yourself