E-Kanban Design and Implementation
Are you looking to implement an Electronic-Kanban (E-Kanban) system for your manufacturing operation to better manage material flow, free up working capital, and improve your customer service levels?
E-Kanban differs from traditional Kanban in that it uses technology to replace traditional signals such as physical Kanban cards. To learn more, download a Case Study on MeadWestVaco or our whitepaper (Five Flavors of Pull) below.
Pull Design Workshop Deliverables
- Develop a flavor of pull, beyond traditional kanban, that addresses a plant’s unique requirements which are driven by the complexity of product mix, the number of SKUs and demand variability.
- Learn about about the pros and cons of E-Kanban, CONWIP, Drum-Buffer-Rope, and other flavors of Pull in relation to the plant.
- Determine the best approach toward determining optimal inventory levels for each raw material, work-in-process and finished goods part/item based on their environment.
- Explore software solutions that support sustainable and scalable pull implementations.
- Build a business case outlining the benefits and costs of implementing the selected pull strategy that can be presented to executive management and among plant associates.
- Design a rapid execution pilot to prove the business case and build organizational confidence for a wider roll-out across the business.
Invistics provides consulting services and supporting on-demand software solutions that help high-mix manufacturers achieve the right inventory levels for their supply chain through advanced analytics and actionable insights. Demand-driven Lean solutions improve manufacturing plant profitability by reducing cycle times and costs while increasing throughput and customer satisfaction.
We are passionate about helping manufacturing companies improve their performance.
Take a minute to tell us about yourself