High Performance Pull Strategies
The Invistics journey to manufacturing excellence typically begins with a workshop.
If you appreciate the underpinnings of Lean and the benefits of the approach, but aren’t sure how Lean methods such as the Toyota Production System are relevant to your make-to-order or high variability, high product mix environment, the Invistics Pull Design Workshop can help show you the way.
Factors influencing a successful outcome
- Reaching consensus on the type of pull strategy to be adopted, the production planning parameters that will be impacted and the process and tools to be deployed to ensure a systemic and sustainable implementation.
- Developing a relevant business case.
- Identifying processes and tools that will support the new approach on an on-going basis.
The Invistics Pull Design Workshop accelerates your learning and provides a moderated forum for the key members of your team to collaboratively design an appropriate vision for pull. Designed for manufacturing executives, plant managers and their teams, the workshop introduces Lean manufacturing concepts with a focus on Lean practices in complex, asset-intensive manufacturing environments. The workshop leverages Invistics’ extensive experience designing and implementing pull systems in a wide range of high-mix environments to help you and your team efficiently navigate through available pull strategies. During the workshop, Invistics consultants work with your team to identify potential implementation pitfalls and areas of concern and develop suitable pull flow control logic for your environment.
Workshop attendees will:
- Learn about the different types of pull flow control logic such as Kanban, CONWIP and Drum-Buffer-Rope, etc.
- Develop a flavor of pull that addresses their plant’s unique requirements which are driven by the complexity of product mix, the number of SKUs and demand variability.
- Determine the approach toward determining optimal inventory levels for each raw material, work-in-process and finished goods part/item based on their environment.
- Explore software solutions that support sustainable and scalable pull implementations.
- Build a business case outlining the benefits and costs of implementing the selected pull strategy that can be presented to executive management and among plant associates.
- Design a rapid execution pilot to prove the business case and build organizational confidence for a wider roll-out across the business.
Key Workshop Takeaways:
- Reach consensus among key stakeholders on the right pull technique for your business
- A compelling business case for your pull vision
- A pull strategy road map to get you further on your Lean journey
- A pilot implementation plan for your newly designed pull system
Contact us to learn more about the workshop and how it can accelerate your organization’s Lean journey.